Indian-origin man charged with attacking Gen Brar

A third man of Indian origin was on Friday charged with attacking ‘Operation Blue Star’ hero K S Brar, British police said, a day after announcing the arrest of two more people, including a woman, in connection with the assault on the retired General.

36-year-old Dilbag Singh, who was charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm to Brar, appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.

Police said Singh has no permanent address. Two other suspects, 33-year-old Barjinder Singh Sangha of Wolverhamption and 34-year-old Mandeep Singh Sandhu of Great Barr, Birmingham - were slapped with the same charge last month.

They were remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 7 for a Plea and Case Management Hearing, police said. Sangha has also been charged with common assault of Brar’s wife Meena.

Police on Thursday announced two more arrests in the case, saying a 36-year-old man was held in west London on Wednesday while a 55-year-old woman was also taken into custody.

The woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been granted bail on condition of having to return on a future date pending further inquiries.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry