Minor abducted, raped

Locals heard her cries, found her in building where she was confined

 A 13-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from outside her home by two men and then raped by one of them late on Monday night at Narela in Outer Delhi. 

The girl was rescued the next afternoon by locals after the kidnappers developed cold feet and deserted her in a building where she was confined, metres away from her home.

Her brother told Deccan Herald that she had gone outside the house for answering the call of nature at 12.40 am on Tuesday when two men tied her and took her away.“After waiting for her to return for some time, my mother went to look for her, but found the house latched from outside. Neighbours opened the door after my mother raised an alarm,” said the victim’s brother.

He said police was informed at 1.20 am and a PCR van arrived at his house. “But they took too long to register an FIR. “When they did register a case on Tuesday afternoon, they were reluctant to share the copy or the FIR number with us,” he alleged.

However, police denied any delay. “As soon we received a call, we arrived at the victim’s home and began investigations. There was no delay in registering a case either,” said Ghanshyam Bansal, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Ali Pur).

At 3.30 pm on Tuesday, a local youth Krishna, who knew the victim’s family and has a telephone booth in the same locality, heard cries from a house nearby. He called locals who rescued the girl who was deserted by the kidnappers. 

“She had cut marks on her hands and wrists. She was abducted at knifepoint and is very scared to speak about the incident,” said Bajrang Dal member Dinesh Kumar who had visited the family along with a large number of locals. He claimed that a case was registered only after the mob pressurised the police.

Police had initially registered a case of kidnapping, but added charges of rape against the accused after the girl was found. Sanjay Singh, Additional Commissioner of Police (Outer District) said the girl has undergone a medical test, but refused to reveal the results.

The victim’s brother said the girl recognises the abductors, but was not acquainted with them. Police claimed to have identified the culprits and have picked up the brother of one of them for interrogation.

Liked the story?

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0