73-year-old electrocuted

73-year-old electrocuted

Yadugiri Srinivasalu, 73, the granddaughter of Mysore Narasimhachar who held a prominent position in the erstwhile princely state of Mysore, was allegedly electrocuted due to explosion of refrigerator at her residence here on Sunday evening.

A resident of 9th Cross, Ganesha temple, Malleswaram, Yadugiri stayed alone after the death of her husband 15 years ago, the police said.

Short circuit suspected

The incident came to light when Umesh, her brother Krishna’s son, who stayed next door, went to meet her around 5.40 pm.

He noticed thick smoke billowing from the house and alerted the fire station. He entered the house and found Yadugiri lying dead on the floor, near the refrigerator. Thick smoke was emanating from the refrigerator, which was open. She had sustained more than 75 per cent burns, the police said.

The refrigerator was not connected to the power plug through a stabiliser, but had a direct power supply. The police suspect that electric short circuit might have caused an explosion of the refrigerator.

Yadugiri’s body was shifted to Victoria Hospital for post mortem, the police added.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry