Bizman shoots himself dead after tiff with wife

Bizman shoots himself dead after tiff with wife

A 30-year-old businessman, dealing in construction material, shot himself dead with his licenced pistol after allegedly having a tiff with his wife early on Thursday morning in northeast Delhi’s Karawal Nagar area, said police.

No suicide note has been recovered from the spot, said police.
The deceased Harender Singh was residing in Shanti Nagar’s gali no. 2 with his wife and two children, aged five and six.

The police said that on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday Singh returned to his house in Shanti Nagar at about 1.30 am.

He was completely intoxicated. Later he had a quarrel with his wife after which he locked himself in a room.

“After few minutes a gunshot was heard from inside the room and his wife rushed inside. She found her husband lying in a pool of blood near the bed,” said a police officer investigating the case.

After that his wife went to her neighbours’ house and woke them up by knocking on their door.

“ We didn’t hear the gunshot as we were fast asleep. However, around 3 am, his wife knocked our door and told us about the tragic incident,’’ said a neighbour.

A call to the police was made and he was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.

Investigating official said that they recovered his licensed gun near his body, which has now been confiscated.

Police added that the couple often had fights over Singh’s drinking habits and on Wednesday night the two fought incessantly for an hour before Singh locked himself in the room while his wife went to sleep in another room with their children.

Originally hailing from Uttar Pradesh’s Mujjaffarnagar district, Singh belonged to a family of wealthy farmers and was the only child of his parents.

“Ten years back he arrived in Delhi, and his father helped him set up his business in Loni border. Even his house was given to him by his father,’’ said a neighbour.
Singh’s body was handed over to the family members after autopsy.

A case under relevant sections has been filed at the Karawal Nagar police station and further investigations are on.

“A crime team visited the room in which he shot himself and took samples,” said the investigating official, adding, “His family members are being questioned in connection with the matter.”