Two women murdered over extra-marital affairs

Two women murdered over extra-marital affairs

Two women murdered over extra-marital affairs
Extra-marital affairs resulted in two murders at Baiyappanahalli and Upparpet on Tuesday. An 18-year-old man stabbed his stepmother to death in front of her two children at Suddaguntepalya in Baiyappanahalli on Tuesday afternoon. The police arrested Ajit, within hours after he murdered Chaitra, 40, police said.

Ajit is the youngest of the three sons of Shivakumar, a welder by profession and Shobha. Shivakumar met Chaitra, the wife of Narayanaswami about four years ago and the two began an affair.

Shobha pleaded with Shivakumar to end the affair, but he ignored her pleas. Shobha committed suicide by immolating herself around seven months ago. Chaitra’s husband Narayanaswami also passed away due to illness, police said.

Shivakumar married Chaitra despite opposition from his three sons and moved out of the house. He rented a house in the same lane, police said.

Ajith nurtured a grudge against Chaitra as he thought she was the primary reason for his mother’s suicide. He entered the house after his father left for work and when Chaitra’s two children - a 6-year-old son and a 7-year-old daughter - were not in the house. He repeatedly stabbed her at around 11.30 am and fled, police said.

Chaitra managed to come out of the house and raised an alarm. She told the neighbours about the attack. Chaitra was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries later, police said. The police arrested Ajit from a relative’s house where he was hiding.

Man kills wife
In another incident in Upparpet early on Tuesday morning, a 27-year-old man bludgeoned his wife to death, suspecting her fidelity. The victim is Mahadevi, 28. She was married to Muthappa Sangappa Savadi. The couple hail from Raibag in Belagavi district, police said. The couple have three daughters. He suspected that Mahadevi had an affair with a man from her native place. He had even warned her against the affair. She parted aways with him and moved to her parents’ house along with the children, police said.

Savadi moved to Benglauru about three months ago and joined a hotel in Gandhinagar as a supplier. Mahadevi came to the city on May 22, seeking financial assistance from Savadi. The hotel owner advised the two to end their differences and stay together. He even offered her a job at his hotel and she accepted the offer, police said.

Savadi told his employer that he had murdered his wife. On being alerted, the police came there and arrested him.

“She did not reform even after she moved to Bengaluru. She would use my mobile phone and talked to her paramour. She called her paramour, spoke for a while on Monday and I warned her against doing so. We had a fight and went to bed. I could not control myself, woke up at around 3 am, took a stone slab and bludgeoned her,” Savadi told the police.

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox