M'lore University convocation today

A total of 2,162 students will receive their degrees in person during the 35th annual convocation of the Mangalore University on March 3 at the Mangala auditorium of the University. A total of 27,208 candidates passed during the 2015-16.

During the convocation, Mangalore University will award 56 Doctor of Philosophy degrees (Arts – 4, Science – 42, Commerce – 9 and Education – 1), 43 gold medals, 63 cash prizes and 249 ranks, out of which 62 students are 1st rank holders (PG – 45 and UG – 17: Arts – 15; Science and Technology – 32; Commerce – 10; Education – 03 and PG Diploma – 02).

Out of the 32,537 candidates who appeared for the examinations, 27,208 (83.62%) have passed. In the post graduation courses, out of 5,017 candidates who appeared, 4,962 (98.90%) have passed; out of 27,459 undergraduate students who appeared, 22,185 (80.79%) have passed and in PG Diploma course, 5 candidates appeared for the examination and all of them have passed (100%).

With regard to the gender composition, out of 27,208 total number of candidates who passed, 9,386 (34.50%) are boys and the girls represent 17,822 (65.50%). Out of the 4,962 post graduation students who have passed, boys account for 1,676 (33.78%) and the girls represent 3,286 (66.22%). Similarly, at the undergraduate level, out of the 22,185 candidates who passed, 7,678 (34.61%) are boys and the remaining 14,507 (65.39%) are girls.

Of the 27,152 undergraduate, post graduate and post graduate diploma candidates who passed, 8,853 (32.61%) have got distinction, 10,186 (37.51%) are first class, 6,636 (24.44%) are second class and the remaining 1,477 (5.44%) belonged to pass class.

The convocation address would be delivered by Indian National Science Academy president Prof Ajay K Sood. Governor of Karnataka and Chancellor of the University Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala will confer the degrees to all the candidates. Higher Education Minister Basavaraj Rayaraddi, will grace the occasion.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry