Schoolkids hurt after stepping on snapped live wire

Two children were injured after they stepped on a snapped live wire at a government primary school at Puttagudi Beedi in Devanahalli taluk, on the northern outskirts of Bengaluru, around 1.30 pm on Monday.

Nikhil (7), a class I student, and Mune Gowda (9), a fifth-grader, were playing near Gangammagudi temple after eating lunch at the school. They couldn’t see a snapped live wire lying on the ground and stepped on it. They collapsed and lost consciousness.

Passersby took them to hospital and called the police. Doctors, who examined the children, said they were out of danger and would recover in two days. Except for bruises on hands and legs, they didn’t suffer any external injuries.

Bescom officials later visited the school and fixed the live wire. They promised to foot the children’s medical bill. Local residents told the police that it was the “callous” attitude of Besom officials that led to the incident. They said they had drawn Bescom’s attention to the live wire but nothing was done about it. A senior police officer said that no case had been registered as the children’s parents were yet to file a complaint. “Once they file a complaint, we will book Bescom officials for negligence,” he added.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry