23-yr-old man electrocuted

A 23-year-old youth was electrocuted when he was cleaning the wall of a meat shop in Nandini Layout on Wednesday night.

The police said Gangaraju, a resident of Jai Maruthi Nagar, was working as a helper in the meat shop.

On Wednesday night, Gangaraju was cleaning the shop after work. He splashed the water on the walls and was wiping it with a wet cloth. He suffered electric shock and collapsed when he was wiping the switchboard. This also resulted in short circuit, the police said.

Neighbouring shopkeepers saw smoke coming out of the shop and found Gangaraju lying on the floor. Upon checking, they realised that he was electrocuted and alerted the police. Gangaraju’s body was shifted from the shop to a hospital. Gangaraju had died on the spot, the police said.

Comments (+)