Two labourers killed in accidental fire

Two labourers killed in accidental fire

Two labourers were charred to death in an accidental fire at a waste cloth sorting and collection godown at the Suvarna Layout in Chandra Layout on Monday night.

One of the deceased is Manju (27), a native of Melur village, KR Nagar in Mysuru and the other body is yet to be identified. They would sort out waste cloth pieces received from garment factories, the police said. The fire broke out on Monday night at a makeshift shed put up on a 100 square feet on a vacant land owned by Venkatappa. He had rented the land to Naseer, a resident of Shamanna garden, to put up the shed.

Manjunath, who stays next to the godown, alerted the fire control room who rushed three fire tenders. The fire was doused on Monday night itself.

However, the bodies were recovered only in the afternoon when workers were cleaning up the godown. On being informed, the Chandra Layout police rushed to the spot and shifted the bodies. The police have booked Naseer under IPC section 304-A (accidental death due to negligence) and 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house).

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)