Abhishek, a victim of endosulfan poisoning, overcame all obstacles to score a first class in the second PUC examinations.
When the results were announced on Monday, Abhishek of Seva Bharathi’s Endosulfan Day Care Centre in Koyla in Puttur taluk had secured first class (63%) in the Arts stream.
Abhishek, son of Vishwanath and Ganga Ratna from Perabe, had scored 66% in SSLC examinations. He is suffering from cerebral palsy and had availed the help of scribe Lavanya to write the examination.
“Abhishek had not taken any separate tuition. Teachers at Koila Day Care Centre had helped him to pass with flying colours,” a relative said. Abhishek, when contacted, expressed a desire to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
“One can script their own success through determination and hard work,” he stressed.
Seva Bharathi Secretary Nagaraj Bhat, in a press release, congratulated Abhishek on his achievement. Seva Bharathi also thanked district administration, Health and Family Welfare Department, deputy director of Public Instruction Department, Uppinangady Government Pre-university College principal and scribe Lavanya, who had helped Abhishek in clearing second PUC examinations in first class.