×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Labourer dies of electrocution while working on scaffolding of building in Thane

The incident occurred after the labourer climbed the scaffolding above a shop in Sonarpada locality to remove bamboos. He accidentally touched the electric cable passing above, following which he lost his balance and fell.
Last Updated : 01 July 2024, 11:20 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

Thane: A 40-year-old labourer died of electrocution while working on the bamboo scaffolding of a building in Dombivli area of Thane district, police said on Monday.

Following the incident on Sunday, police booked the work contractor and others under section 304-A (Causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

Nobody has been arrested so far, a police official said.

The incident occurred after the labourer climbed the scaffolding above a shop in Sonarpada locality to remove bamboos. He accidentally touched the electric cable passing above, following which he lost his balance and fell.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, the official added.

According to police, the contractor had not taken sufficient safety measures.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 01 July 2024, 11:20 IST

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT