Dabholkar murder: accused sent to custody

Activist Narendra Dabholkar's alleged shooter Sachin Prakasrao Andure being brought to Pune Sessions Court, in Pune on Sunday. PTI photo

The alleged main shooter arrested in Dr Narendra Dabholkar murder case has been sent to seven days CBI custody on Sunday.

The youth, Sachin Prakash Andhure, who is a Right-wing activist, was produced before a special holiday court in Pune amidst tight security arrangements, which remanded him to custody till 26 August.

Dr Dabholkar (67) was shot dead on 20 August 2013, at the Omkareshwar bridge, where he had gone for a morning walk.

Andure is a resident of Kunwarphalli of Rajabazar area of Aurangabad – and he worked in a saree shop. He stayed there with his wife, daughter and brother.

It may be recalled, the CBI had earlier named Sarang Akolkar and Vinay Pawar (Sanatan Sanstha activists) as the accused in the case for carrying out shooting. They had also arrested Dr Virendra Tawde, an ENT surgeon and Sanatan activist in the case.

Advocate Prakash Salsigikar, who appeared on behalf of the accused, said that the charges were completely false. “In the earlier charge sheet, the CBI has shown Sarang Akolkar and Vinay Pawar as the accused in case. There were statements by witnesses. At no stage CBI has spoken about two more shooters,” he said.

Family denies charges

The family of Andhure, however, had vehemently denied the charges. “He has been physically and mentally tortured by the CBI,” his brother Pravin Andhure said. “He is an honest man,” he said, adding that the allegation that he went to Karnataka for arms’ training is “completely false and baseless.” “He has never gone out of Maharashtra,” he said.

 

Liked the story?

  • 1

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Dabholkar murder: accused sent to custody

0 comments

Write the first review for this !