Dabholkar killing: 'Main shooter' taken to crime spot

A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team on Friday took Sachin Andure, the alleged main shooter in rationalist Narendra Dabholkar's killing case, to the crime spot here in Maharashtra.

According to a police officer, Andure, who had his face covered was taken to the Omkareshwar Bridge, where Dabholkar was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne assailants on August 20, 2013, while he was on a morning walk.

Based on information provided by Andure, who is in his late 20s, the CBI team recreated the entire crime scene as part of its investigation into the case, he said.

According to the CBI, Sharad Kalaskar was the "second shooter" in the case.

Currently, Kalaskar is in the Maharashtra Anti- Terrorism Squad's custody till September 3 in another case.

Kalaskar was arrested by the ATS earlier this month in connection with the seizure of explosives from different parts of Maharashtra.

Five people were arrested in the arms haul case and one of them gave the input about Andure's involvement in Dabholkar's killing, which the ATS shared with the CBI, a spokesperson of the central agency had said earlier.

Acting on the input from the ATS following the arrest of Kalaskar and other accused, the CBI arrested Andure, a resident of Maharashtra's Aurangabad district, on August 18.

The Dabholkar killing case was initially handled by the state police, but in May 2014, it was handed over to the CBI by the Bombay High Court. 

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Dabholkar killing: 'Main shooter' taken to crime spot

0 comments

Write the first review for this !