India condemns terror attack in Chabahar

At least two policemen were killed and several others injured in a suicide attack in Chabahar early on Thursday. (AP/PTI Photo)

India on Thursday condemned the terrorist attack in Chabahar in south-eastern coast of Iran.

New Delhi said that the terrorist attack at the port city of the Persian Gulf nation was “despicable”. “We express our condolences to the government and the people of Iran and the families of the victims of this attack,” Raveesh Kumar, spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs, said.

At least two policemen were killed and several others injured in a suicide attack in Chabahar early on Thursday. The terrorist, who wanted to drive into the local police headquarters, blew up his vehicle when he was stopped by the security guards.

“We wish speedy recovery to those injured. The perpetrators behind this dastardly attack should be brought to justice expeditiously. There can be no justification for any act of terror,” said Kumar.

New Delhi has been involved in development of Chabahar Port, with a commitment to invest $500 million. The Port and Maritime Organisation of Iran earlier this year leased out to India Ports Global Limited a part of the Phase 1 of the port (Shahid Behesti Port) for 18 months.

The Chabahar Port, which is located on the South-Eastern Coast of Iran, is expected to open up “greater opportunities” for promotion of trade and commerce from the ports along the western coast of India to Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia and beyond, bypassing Pakistan, which has been blocking connectivity initiatives between South and Central Asia.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

India condemns terror attack in Chabahar

0 comments

Write the first review for this !