SSLC Hindi re-exam on April 27

Speaking to reporters here on Monday, Vishveshwar Hegde Kageri, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education announced that the re-examination is inevitable for these students of 135 high schools, whose answer sheets were destroyed in the fire on April 14.

The minister said the director of the Karnataka Secondary Examination Board will convene a meeting of the headmasters of the schools concerned to ensure that students who have to appear for the examination get their hall tickets.

Most students who will appear for re-examination are from the centres in and around Mysore. The exam will be conducted at the centres where they had appeared earlier on April 8. The minister said 28 bundles of answer papers were sent to Shimoga for valuation of which some were destroyed in the fire. He said the investigation is on to find out the cause of the incident.

The minister claimed that the incident was accidental and was caused by a flying spark while welding the grills of a window in the room where the answer sheets had been stored.

Local education officer and centre in-charge Sumangala Kuchnaad has been suspended for dereliction of duty. Action against others will be initiated only after the investigation report is submitted, he said.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry