Arrested for six-year-old murder

Arrested for six-year-old murder

The suspect was identified as Syed Ziaullah, 38, a resident of Noor Nagar in Kolar town.
Police said Ziaullah, a mango merchant, developed friendship with Pyare Jaan, a push cart vendor at Kolar. Soon, Ziaullah became close to Pyare Jaan’s wife Reshma.

A few months later, when Pyare Jaan came to know about their relationship, began to blackmail Ziaullah and extorted money by threatening him to make the affair public, the police said.

Pyare Jaan allegedly extracted nearly Rs three lakh from Ziaullah, which led to loss in his buisiness. When on the verge of becoming bankrupt, Ziaullah decided to murder Pyare Jaan, the police added.

In January 2005, Ziaullah told Pyare Jaan that he had bought an engine near Tumbakoppam village, Tavanampalli in Chittore West Police Circle in Andhra Pradesh. He requested Pyare Jaan to accompany him to the place to fill the fuel into the engine and test its working condition. He bought petrol on the way.

He took Pyare Jaan to a desolate area between Tumbakoppam and Matham villages and stabbed him to death. He poured kerosene over the body, set it on fire and returned to Kolar. Later he began living with Reshma. The police noticed the body the next day and registered a case.

The murder came to light when a team of police constituted to investigate into the pending murder cases, went through the details of missing complaints in the City.
One of their informants brought to their notice about Pyare Jaan missing in 2005. The informant told them that Reshma had not lodged any missing complaint. On interrogation, Ziaullah confessed to the crime, he said. The police have handed him over to the Chittore police.

Pedestrian killed
A man was killed in a road accident on Subedar Chatram Road in Upparpet traffic police limits on Friday night. The accident occurred around 7.30 pm when he was crossing the road. He was run over by a private bus.

The driver jumped out of the bus and fled, said the police. The victim is aged around 30 years and the police shifted the body to Victoria Hospital.