'Formalin stored in beverage bottle'

When you store a crystal clear liquid in a beverage bottle, it’s natural to mistake it for water.

That’s exactly what happened in the case of Rajeshwari, a pregnant woman who died after consuming formalin at Cheluvamba Children’s Hospital in the city on Sunday.

Sources told Deccan Herald, the formalin was stored in an used bottle of beverage. It was kept at the labour ward- II in the hospital. It was only on that day, the bottle was kept in the ward, while it was kept at another place earlier. Moreover, chemicals should be stored in dedicated bottles that come with a lid. Otherwise, a note or warning should be printed or pasted on the containers- be it a bottle or any other thing.

Following the complaint, Devaraja police have booked the duty doctor and nurses for the incident. Besides, another patient who allegedly gave the bottle to Rajeshwari when she asked for water is also booked.

In a recent development, police are preparing to write to the hospital authorities to seek the names of the accused- from duty doctor to nurses booked in the case.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry