He told the truth and paid with life

Security supervisor killed by subordinates

A security supervisor had to pay with his life for submitting an adverse report against his errant subordinates in Mahadevapura.

Devakar Maag, 30, a security supervisor with a private security agency, was brutally murdered by his two subordinates in an apartment in Mahadevapura police limits Saturday night. Maag, who hailed from Tripura, was posted at Matthew John Apartment, Chinnappanahalli on Marathalli Ring Road.

According to police, Amaresh and Kamakya, the  accused, were working as security guards at a private company in the same locality. Maag was not happy with the performance of the duo, who frequently absented from work.

He reported the matter to the higher authorities and recommended their transfer. The security agency transferred both to a different place.

Amaresh and Kamakya  nursed a grudge against Maag. They attacked Maag with dumbells at his room, slit his throat and fled, police said. A manhunt has been launched to trace the killers.

MLA’s kin booked

A close relative of a city MLA was booked for drunken driving Saturday night after he was involved in an accident on Residency Road flyover. Rohan Premasagar, son of the brother of BJP MLA Hemachandra Sagar, was driving his car rashly on the flyover, returning home after a late night weekend party.

Around 1:10 am, Rohan lost control over the vehicle and rammed into the road divider on the flyover. None in the car including Rohan were injured in the accident. But the car was damaged.

Ulsoor Gate traffic police, who rushed to the spot, found Rohan Premasagar was driving the vehicle in an inebriated condition. After he tested positive for alcohol content, the police booked him for drunken driving.

Woman mowed down

A 55-year-old woman was run over by a BMTC bus at the Kempegowda bus stand Sunday morning. Saraswathi, a resident of Hanumanthanagar, had come to Majestic by the city bus.

She attempted to get down near the entrance of the bus stand when the bus stopped momentarily. But as she was getting down, the bus moved and Saraswathi fell down. The driver unwittingly drove the bus further and run over her. Saraswathi was immediately rushed to the Victoria Hospital where she succumbed to injuries.

Liked the story?

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0