13 terror suspects's custody extended till Nov 7

A court here today extended till November 7 the judicial custody of 13 persons arrested in August last for suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI.

The accused were produced before First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi, who extended their judicial custody till November 7, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Dayanand said.

Another terror suspect, who was also arrested as part of the crackdown in the state, had been taken to Maharashtra by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), he said.

All the suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and journalists in Karnataka.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry