Youth dies after wee hours party

Youth dies after wee hours party

A youth who hosted a party to his friends at home to celebrate his professional debut, had to pay with his life.

Pavan Shankar (24) son of Shivashankar, an executive engineer at Bangalore Water Board, is that youth. He was a resident of DVC Layout opposite Kuvempunagar police station in the city.

Pavan, who had graduated in construction technology and management from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) here, had got a job with Nagarjuna Constructions, Gulbarga.

Police said, he had come home on a three-day leave on Friday to attend the graduation day ceremony on Saturday. Pavan’s parents were out of station at that time. He invited five of his friends for a party at home and took one peg too many, according to his friends. At wee hours, he complained of chest pain and also vomited. Later, his friends made him sleep and also switched on the fan as per his request. It is said that, Pavan was suffering from respiratory related problem and was availing treatment for it.  When he didn’t wake up in the morning, the friends took him to Apollo BGS Hospitals, where he was declared brought dead.

The body has been shifted to mortuary and post-mortem will be conducted after his parents return, on Sunday.

German tourist cremated

The body of a German tourist, who was found dead in a city lodge recently, was cremated at the MCC crematorium near the foot of Chamundi Hill on Saturday. Sources said, following a request from her daughter Susan, the final rites of Ingird B Kaiser (64) was conducted in Mysore.

Earlier, Mandi police, investigating into the case, sought an undertaking from Kumar and International Company, Bangalore, a tourist operator who had arranged the tour of Ingird. Following a letter of requisition from German Embassy to grant permission to cremate the body here, the office of the police commissioner ordered to facilitate the last rites. A post-mortem was conducted earlier. According to preliminary reports, she is suspected to have died of heart attack. Ingird Kaiser who was touring all alone, had checked into a lodge under Mandi police limits on October 19. On October 25, she was found dead in her room.