The Dasara Executive Committee has decided against issuing passes to general public for Yuva Dasara celebrations this year. The decision was made following the controversy the passes had generated during the Yuva Dasara last year, said Revenue and district-in-charge minister, V Sreenivas Prasad, here on Tuesday.
He was speaking during the release of Yuva Sambrama posters. He said that entry will be provided to the audience on a first come first serve basis.
He said that the Yuva Dasara sub-committee had decided to organise both Yuva Sambrama and Yuva Dasara jointly, and Yuva Sambrama would be inaugurated today.
As many as 118 teams from across the State will perform programmes for Yuva Sambrama at Open Air Theatre, University of Mysore premises, from September 17 to 22.
M N Nataraj, coordinator of Nehru Youth Centre said that of the 118 teams, 18 teams will be selected to perform during Yuva Dasara celebrations.
He said that like previous years, more importance has been provided to students from government colleges to perform in the Sambrama. “Participating teams will be provided with choreographer charges, costume charges and travel allowance. Apart from it, tea and snack charges for four days of practice by the students, will also be provided,” he said. He said that students from seven universities in the State will perform during Yuva Sambrama, based on the six themes.
The first rock band competition being held as part of Yuva Dasara in the city, has attracted 56 teams from around the country. Superintendent of police, Abhinav Khare said that teams from Bangalore, Mumbai, Guwahati, Chennai, apart from the bands in Mysore have registered for the contest. The competition will be held from September 19 to 21.