Third crasher admits he attended Obama dinner


The Washington Post, which first identified the “third crasher” as Carlos Allen, Tuesday said his attorney did not provide many details about how his client came to attend the dinner, despite not being on the White House guest list, nor did he provide evidence of an invitation.

But A Scott Bolden, a veteran Washington white-collar defence attorney, said that Allen, 39, whose presence at the dinner is part of an ongoing Secret Service investigation, has been interviewed by the Secret Service and is continuing to cooperate with their investigation.
The Secret Service on Monday announced that a third, yet previously undisclosed, person had also made it into the November 24 dinner in honour of the Prime Minister of India, along with an uninvited celebrity hounding couple, Tareq and Michaele Salahi.
Meanwhile, the Indian embassy in Washington said on Wednesday that it did not facilitate the entry of Allen.

“The person is not known to the Indian Embassy. We did not seek or facilitate any access for this person,” Rahul Chhabra, spokesman of the Indian Embassy, said in a statement.

Assembly elections 2019 | Get the latest news, views and analysis on elections in Haryana and Maharashtra on DeccanHerald.com


For election-related news in Maharashtra, click here

For election-related news in Haryana, click here

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)