Student suffers burns at school, dies

Student suffers burns at school, dies

A boy who accidently caught fire at a residential school, died of burns at Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences here on Wednesday.

According to police, the incident occurred at Visvesvaraya residential school situated on the outskirts of Ballari town.

The deceased has been identified as Amareshwara (11), a class 5 student. His father Malleshwar Rao works as a cook in the residential school. He caught fire in the kitchen accidentally, according to sources in his family.

Deputy Superintendent of Police N Rudramuni said that they were probing the incident to find out how the boy caught fire. Rural police have registered a case.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)