120 Symbiosis students taken ill after eating hostel food


About 120 students of Symbiosis Institute of Management near Pune were hospitalised on Wednesday with symptoms of food poisoning.

The students were taken ill after eating at the hostel mess on the Hinjewadi campus of the Institute last night.

"All affected students were responding to treatment and nobody is serious," Dr Rajiv Yerawadekar, Dean, Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences said.

The students have been admitted to four different hospitals.

The food samples have been sent for chemical analysis, institute officials said.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)