Main accused in actor's rape case arrested

Main accused in actor's rape case arrested

Main accused in actor's rape case arrested

The South-East division police have arrested the main accused in connection with the recent rape of an actor in Koramangala police station limits.

The police said that Ehsan was picked up from his native place in Andhra Pradesh. He, along with his brother, owned a quarry there. Ehsan used to frequent the City and had rented a house in HSR Layout. They have detained Ehsan’s friend Sahil and Zahid, who are residents of HSR Layout and were working in a travel agency. The detainees are being questioned.

A senior police officer said, “Based on the information by Sahil and Zahid, they arrested Ehsan. Two years ago, Ehsan met the victim in a party in Mumbai and they exchanged mobile phone numbers. Ehsan promised her roles in Kannada movies as he was influential in the Kannada film industry”.

“In March, Ehsan asked the victim to come down to the City as a director of a movie wanted to meet her. He paid for the flight tickets and booked a hotel room for her. The victim came to the City and went around for two days. The accused, along with his friends, took her to the room on one night and offered her food and juice mixed with drugs. After drinking the juice, she fell unconscious and she was raped. Next day, they started threatening her that they would make the act public if she approached the police,” said the officer.

The victim went back to Mumbai, but she continued to get threats. She approached an NGO in the City, who helped her lodge a police complaint.

4 held for burgling
The police have arrested four youths, including two minors, on charges of making away with electronic goods in the record room of a school in JJ Nagar and setting it on fire.

The arrested are Tousif Ahmed and Ghouse, both aged 20 years, and two minors aged 15 and 16 years. They are all residents of Padarayanapura. The police have recovered five computers, a photo-copying machine and an LCD television set from them. The accused confessed to setting fire to the record room of Subhash Memorial English School early on Saturday, police said.

The accused packed the computers and other items. Before leaving, they set the record room on fire. The neighbours who noticed the fire informed the principal. They rushed to the spot and alerted the fire personnel. The principal and other officials noticed a few materials missing in the record room, police said.

“The police saw a CCTV in front of a nearby godown. When they examined the footage, they found movements of the accused and arrested Tousif. He gave details of others,” said a police officer.