One child dead, 4 others ill after consuming snake eggs

The five boys were playing in an agricultural field at Galeky Hatipoti when they came across the snake eggs and consumed them after boiling, the sources said.

All of them fell sick and were rushed to Sibsagar Civil Hospital where eight-year-old Bogai Goala died.

The four others were shifted to the Assam Medical College Hospital in neighbouring Dibrugarh district in a serious condition, the sources said.

Those hospitalised are:  Bijit Lai (5), Prabin Lai (4), Maghu Lai (4) and Phagun Lai (7).
Doctors in the hospital here said that the children may also have consumed some toxic items with the eggs.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)