Worker electrocuted at garment factory

A worker was electrocuted at Nisha Garments in Peenya Industrial Area on Saturday afternoon. The victim Mallappa (35), a resident of Shivapura in Peenya, was a boiler operator. Around 2 pm on Saturday, he and eight other workers were working in the unit when he stepped on a live wire. He was rushed to nearby hospital, but did not respond to the treatment. He died around 3.30 pm, said the police.

Mallappa was working in the factory for the last 11 years. He is survived by wife and two children.
DH News Service

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry