Total wastewater treatment by 2020: minister

Total wastewater treatment by 2020: minister

The Bengaluru Development and Town Planning Minister, K J George inaugurated a sewage treatment plant (STP) of 15 MLD (million litres per day) capacity at Yele Mallappa Shetty in KR Puram, on Saturday.

Speaking at the occasion, George said that by March 2018, the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) will be able to treat 80% the wastewater that is generated in the city. The remaining 20% of wastewater has already been managed and by the year 2020, BWSSB will be able to treat 100% of the wastewater.

The 15 MLD STP at Yele Mallappa Shetty has been constructed at the cost of 67 crores including the operation and maintenance for 7 years. The plant will treat the sewage generated from the areas in KR Puram, Devasandra, Bhattarahalli, Hoodi, Sadarmangala, Medhalli & Mahadevapura.

With the launch of the 15 MLD STP, the total volume of wastewater being treated by BWSSB has increased to 997 MLD. In February 2018, an STP with a capacity to treat 60 MLD will be launched in Kengeri. Besides this, the board has also undertaken the construction work of five STPs with a capacity of 75 MLD. The BWSSB will be able to treat 1,572 MLD of wastewater in the city by 2020.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry