Eleven injured in gas cylinder blast

Eleven injured in gas cylinder blast

Impact destroys shantys ceiling, people walking nearby hurt

Eleven injured in gas cylinder blast

 Eleven persons were injured when a major fire broke out in a shanty in south Delhi after a cylinder burst on Sunday, police said.

The incident took place in Jagdamba camp near Malviya Nagar police station around 11.30 am.

While cooking food, the gas cylinder due to gas leakage burst and a pressure cooker also burst into flames.

Fire broke out

“Due the impact of cylinder burst, ceiling of the shanty came down on the residents. The people passing by the lane also became engulfed in fire,” said a fire brigade official.

“We received a call and rushed to the spot and within an hour the flames were doused off,” added the official.

 Meanwhile, all the injured were rushed to Safdarjung Hospital burn’s ward. Nine of the injured persons were discharged after treatment.

Two labourers, including a 55-year-old-woman, received grievous burns.

Sumitra received 90 per cent burn injuries, while Naseeruddin, 55, received 20 per cent burn injuries.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)