KSRP constable dies 3 days after spat with senior's son

A 50-year-old head constable with the Karnataka State Reserve Police (KSRP) died three days after a fight with his senior officer’s son who was barred from entering the KSRP 9th Battalion Camp at Choodasandra, south east Bengaluru.

The deceased has been identified as Appaji, who had been serving in the KSRP for the past 25 years.

DCP (Southeast) Dr Boralingaiah M B told DH, “A complaint was registered at Parappana Agrahara police station on October 7 against Roopesh, son of assistant sub-inspector Yerriswamy, for deterring a public servant from discharging his duties. After three days, head constable Appaji died.”

The police said Roopesh had come to KSRP 9th Battalion camp on October 7 with his friend. Appaji did not allow him to enter the premises. Roopesh got into a heated argument and even tried to assault Appaji who was on duty. Later in the day, Appaji registered a case of assault and deterring him from discharging his duties.

Boralingaiah added, “Appaji’s body has been shifted to Victoria Hospital for autopsy and we are waiting for the report. If it turns out that he died because of the assault, police will book Roopesh under section 302 (murder).”

“There were no injuries on Appaji’s body after the quarrel. He complained of chest pain on Monday and might have died of a  heart attack,” the police said.: A 28-year old software engineer was stabbed to death by unidentified people in Tavarekere in Madiwala in the wee hours of Monday.

The victim, Pranay Mishra, a native of Bhubaneswar in Odisha, was a resident of Suddaguntepalya near BTM Layout here. He had come to Bengaluru in 2014 and was working as a software engineer with an IT firm.

According to the police, Mishra had attended a party at one of his friend’s place and returned home around 2.30 am. Later, he had called his girlfriend and told her that he was coming to her place. Mishra left home after 3 am on his bike when he was waylaid by miscreants who attacked him with lethal weapons. Mishra sustained four stab injuries, one in the chest and three in the abdomen.

He lay in a pool of blood on Tavarekere Main road, near Chocolate Factory, until some passersby noticed him and informed the police around 4 am.

A neighbour managed to get Mishra’s phone and while he was trying to call his contacts, a woman called up on the phone and she was told about the incident.

The police rushed to the spot and shifted the victim to St John’s Hospital where he was declared brought dead.

Preliminary investigation suggets that it is not a murder for gain as all his valuables, including his wallet, mobile phone and a gold earring were intact, the police said. The Madiwala police have registered a case of murder and are investigating it. Three special teams have been formed to probe the murder.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)